Friday, August 3, 2007

Lazy Days

Alright maybe not that lazy... but I took some much needed vacation, joining my kitties for some relaxation time. Here we are not bothering to get out of bed.


Here we are lounging in the living room watching TV.


They really are getting big... and they're slacking on the yarn chasing lately since they now have the run of the entire house. Lucky them! Everything else is so new and exciting they barely notice a ball of wool trailing across the floor...

So I've had a little time to devote to the Black Cardigan. I've finished my schematics and completed the back panel (boring ... no cables just reverse stockinette and some ribbing at the bottom) and half of one sleeve.
The faint schematic should give an idea of how it will look when finished.

More good knitting news...my friend from work is in charge of selling her mom's house as her mother is moving into assisted living. She can't knit anymore due to her age and failing sight, so my friend has asked me to give four huge bags of high-quality wool "a good home". I have obliged, though I think she should have accepted my offer to pay for them. I've set up the skeins in a cabinet in the living room, separating the colors and types like a yarn store display. There is easily enough of each color and type to knit a full sweater. I feel like I've won the lotto!

I also had some time over vacation to stop at my local yarn shop, this cute little place called Loops and Laces. I picked up a few skeins of sock yarn, and I will attempt to begin knitting my very first sock after the black cardi is finished. Oh, I've knit slippers and baby booties... but an adult sock? I guess I've always thought they were too hard. Lots of shaping and on 5 needles, but I've knit in the round on double pointed needles before, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.


Wish me luck! ;-)

No comments: