Tuesday, September 11, 2007

S'been a long time

Uh, yeah sorry about that...
I've been really, really busy over the past few weeks though, so I have an acceptable excuse.

The essential Black Cardigan is finished, though while taking photos today I ran out of battery power. I managed to take this shot before the entire camera died.

You can kinda see the outline right? I'll make an attempt to get a really good shot with Army's help. It really turned out well for a first shot at writing a pattern. It fits rather like a storebought sweater and is much warmer.

I've cast on for my first sock. I think its turning out pretty darned good for a first try, but you be the judge:
The diamond pattern is barely visible with a camera, but to the naked eye it becomes quite purdy in the self-striping colorway. The pattern is Diamante from Knitty.com.

I think I'd be further along, but my supervisor keeps crawling in my knitting bag:


Here's what else I've been up to.

I helped build a portable bar out of a radiator cover for our basement (its temporary until we can afford to build one in.)

I went camping at the "Best Place on Earth" ;-)



I went to the Renaissance Faire and got rained on but had a blast.

On the left is a teeny little garden with working fountains and real plants that is inhabited by tiny fairies. I'm thinking of building one in the back yard. On the right is a "statue" actor. She moved every now and then, shifting her lance around and scratching her nose so you knew she was "real".

It was my intent to have a costume for the faire this year, but I ran out of time to make one and it wouldn't have looked very nice under a rain poncho anyways. Maybe next year.

Anyway its a pretty cold and overcast day, so Poe and I are going to go lounge some more. Rain does very little for my ambition meter and even less for hers.


Adieu!



No comments: